Saturday, 3 April 2010

Baked Tuna Puff

Posted by Sweeter side of life at 22:25:00


When people hear puffs, they think it's deep-fried. However, it is really not good for the body since all the oil is absorbed into it. In fact, this recipe was originally from marymoh's blog on spiral curry chicken puff, i adapted the recipe and baked it instead.



It was an experiment and it is my first time to make savoury puff but i am quite happy with the results, but of course her puffs will be way better than mine in terms of taste and texture. It was fun to make these puffs too :D



I didn't have chicken so i used canned tuna with added tomato paste, a bit of tabasco, a tad of ketchup and tom yum paste with chopped onions! It was pretty good!

I baked for 30 minutes in total at 200C, it is definitely more convenient to just deep fry if you are not so health concious like me

2 comments on "Baked Tuna Puff"

MaryMoh on 4 April 2010 at 01:38 said...

Hey, your puffs look fabulous! The spirals are just as pretty as deep fried ones. Love how you used tuna for filling. I'm sure they taste very delicious. I like the taste of deep fried ones but I don't like the frying itself...makes everywhere greasy. I'm going to try them baked next time. Thanks very much for sharing with me, Yan Ee! Have a nice weekend.

Shirley said...

Baked tuna puff! It sounds really healthy and creative too, to use tuna as the filling inside the puff which normally sardin are being used. The flaky effect turns out quite well too:D

 

Sweeter Side of Life Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez